The best-selling Type 2 diabetes drug in the world comes at a price. Produced by Takeda Pharmaceutical, Actos is prescribed to help control blood sugar levels for those adults living with type 2 diabetes. By decreasing insulin production and reducing the amount of glucose made in the liver, Actos helps those living with type 2 diabetes better dispose of excess blood sugar. As of 2017, there have been roughly 10,000 lawsuits filed against Takeda Pharmaceutical for the medical issues Actos patients have experienced.
Since it’s approval by the Food and Drug Administration in 1999, Actos has become incredibly popular but it is not without come very serious, potentially deadly complications. Actos side effects include:
- Bladder Cancer: In 2011, the FDA issued a warning that taking Actos increased risk of bladder cancer. As a result of these findings, Actos was completely pulled from the market in France, India and Germany but is still available in the U.S.
- Heart Problems: Heart attacks, stroke and cognitive heart failure are some of the major heart issues that have been directly associated with Actos. While on the market since 1999, it was not until 2002, that the FDA recognized this major side effect and placed a black box warning on Actos alerting patients and healthcare providers of the potential for heart problems.
- Eye Injuries: Actos and other diabetes medication that contains thiazolidinediones in it have been found to increase the patient’s risk for developing very serious eye injuries, specifically diabetic macular edema.
- Bone fractures and Lactic Acidosis: The hands, feet, ankles and lower legs of Actos patients (particularly females) were at a high risk of fracturing in Actos patients. It is believed that
- Kidney Disease: One study out of Taiwan found that Actos patients were four times more likely to develop kidney disease than those that did not take the drug.
- Liver Failure: Fatal and nonfatal cases of liver failure in Actos patients have been reported for years.
DANGEROUS DRUGS LAWSUITS
Like many dangerous drugs lawsuits, Actos personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits are incredibly complicated and require the work and resources of an experienced firm to ensure that you are getting the compensation you deserve. The Walch Law Firm is that firm. We work with some of the best medical experts in the business. We know you do not want to be dealing with a lawsuit in the wake of serious avoidable injuries or death but we also know how incredibly valuable a financial settlement can be in the wake of expensive medical and other needs. Financial damages for an Actos lawsuit can include:
- All past, current and future medical needs
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Emotional impact of injuries and death
- Changes to your personal and intimate relationships
- And much more
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing a personal injury Actos lawsuit so please do not hesitate to get in touch with us today.
Nine Reasons To Choose Us
When looking for a California wrongful death lawyer, you want a law firm that can get you the money you deserve. At Walch Law, we don't just meet our clients' expectations, we exceed them. We win over 95% of our cases and will work hard to get you the same great results we have gotten for so many of our happy clients. When it comes to handing a California wrongful death case, resolving your case as quickly as possible for as much money as possible is how we approach every case.
Founding partner Gary Walch started this law firm to help people in your very situation. With over forty years of experience, you can feel confident that when you hire Walch Law Firm, you are benefiting from his years of experience. Robert Walch has been with the firm since 2000 and has a track record of success, as does the rest of the highly qualified staff at Walch Law. A family firm with the resources of a big law firm means you get the best of both worlds.
There are lots of law firms that will happily take your business but very few will deliver results and handle your case the way that we do. We understand and respect how difficult this time is for you and our family. When you hire Walch Law Firm you are hiring a family firm that you can trust. We have a stellar reputation within the legal community and among our clients.
DON\'T DELETEContingency Fee
For many individuals and families following a death it is not just an emotional time but a stressful financial time as well—hiring an attorney should help relieve this financial stress which is why you hire us on a contingency fee arrangement. Translation: you don't pay for any fees or costs associated with your case until you get paid. We have the financial resources of a large law firm but the accessible environment of a small firm meaning your case won't get lost in the shuffle.
Whenever you are ready, we are available to talk and this open and available communication model is something that our clients enjoy until their case is closed. We keep you informed and updated on your case every step of the way, always explain what's happening in plain English and ultimately deliver on our promise to get you paid.
DON\'T DELETERecent Victories
Winning over 95% of our cases means that you can feel very confident when you hire us to help with your case. Some of our recent victories include a $5,000,000+ settlement for a car accident, $1,250,000 settlement for a wrongful death pedestrian case and $2,500,000 for injuries related to a subway accident.
First and foremost, you are suffering a major traumatic loss and we understand that. We can help with counseling, medical professionals and other important resources during this time. Your focus should be on dealing with this loss, let us take care of all the legal details.
DON\'T DELETEFamily Firm
There are small firms that might not be able to front the costs of your case and there are big law firms that will easily take your case but lack any type of personal touch (and you might have trouble hearing back from them when you want to) and then there's Walch Law Firm. We can handle any case and pride ourselves on our accessibility to clients. Father-son duo Gary & Robert Walch treat everyone like family and this personal touch is something that our clients as well as our employees constantly e!
DON\'T DELETESe Habla Espanol!
¿Busca un abogado de habla hispana ayudar con su caso de la muerte ilícito de California? No busque más. Somos una firma de abogados de servicio completo de habla hispana que puede ayudarle durante este tiempo difícil tiempo. Llama nos o correo electrónico hoy para su consulta gratuita para aprender más.