Let's start with this very important truth-- only a lawyer after evaluating your case, injuries and the responsible party's financial situation can give you a truly accurate idea of the worth of your Orange County car accident. There are, however helpful guideposts based on your injuries and the behavior of the defendant that can give you an idea of what you might be able to expect when it comes to the worth of your Orange County car accident settlement.
How Much is My Orange County Car Accident Worth?
Whether your car accident happened in Tustin or Laguna Beach, getting a feel for the worth of your car accident is a helpful thing for many people to know before they call a lawyer and begin the legal process. When you are ready to hire an Orange County car accident lawyer, we are here to talk. At Walch Law, we know how to maximize your recovery following a serious or deadly Orange County car accident.Missed work, pain and suffering and other important considerations are all things that can greatly increase the value of your case and something that needs to be evaluated on an individual basis. With that in mind, here's a look at how some common Orange County car accident injuries typically pay out when there's sufficient insurance or personal funds on the defendant's side:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is one of the most common car accident injuries and can be permanent or temporary but either way this is an injury that can cause missed work, disability and daily pain for Orange County car accident victims. To determine just how bad and lasting your whiplash injury will be, you should see a doctor as soon as you possibly can following your accident-- not only will this help with your own physical recovery but it is necessary for us as lawyers to argue for compensation for your whiplash injuries. Just how much is a whiplash injury worth? Usually this injury is worth between $3,000 (for temporary whiplash lasting a few weeks following an accident) to $30,000 for those whiplash injuries that involve physical therapy and other medical intervention to help relieve.
- Broken bones: Broken bones are also very common Orange County car accident injuries and can be worth over $100,000 if it is a major bone that requires a long recovery and physical therapy (for instance, a femur).
- Spine Injuries: The unnatural jerk of a Orange County car accident places your spine into very unnatural positions that can cause permanent damage or temporary pain. Similar to a whiplash injury, the worth of an Orange County car accident spine injury depends on which category you fall into. Spine injuries can be worth around $50,000 when it is major but not any type of paralysis.
- Brain Injuries: TBI most commonly occurs in sports and car accidents and happens when there has been a major blunt blow to the heard. This life-changing car accident injury can mean missed or complete inability to work, need for full-time assistance and more. Or, in milder cases it can mean cases of dizziness, vomiting and extreme headaches. A TBI from a car accident is typically worth a few hundred thousand dollars
- Paralysis: Whether partial or full, paralysis following an Orange County car accident makes your case worth a lot of money because the huge financial payout is intended to reflect the huge impact the serious car accident has had on your life and those around you that you now depend on for help. Car accidents that involve some level of paralysis can be worth millions of dollars and we work hard to get the most for our clients.
- Death: When a death has occurred as a result of a Orange County car accident, what we will be filing is known as a Orange County wrongful death lawsuit and depending on the circumstances of everything and mainly whether a defendant has deep enough pockets to pay, these cases are worth millions. In those situations in which there are personal policy limits for the defendant's insurance, we work hard to make sure you are getting the insurance policy limits.
Can You Get Punitive Damages for Car Accidents?
Yes, but it is pretty rare so not something you should assume you are getting. In order to get punitive damages for an Orange County car accident, your accident needs to be one that didn't just involve someone hitting you but someone acting in a seriously reckless manner. Really, the goal of any punitive damage award is not really to enrich the victim (although that can be very nice) but to punish the defendant for their behavior. For instance, a company employee that is drunk driving and causes a serious accident is an example of a case that could potentially be considered for punitive damages. Obviously, if we think punitive damages are an option for your Orange County car accident, we will go after them with every argument we have!
Orange County Car Accident Lawyer
Looking for the best Orange County car accident lawyer? Best is relative and there are a lot of great ones out there. At Walch Law, we are the law firm you are looking for-- we have over 40 years of successfully handling Orange County car accidents and getting the most for our clients. Hiring us is one the easiest things you will do, it only takes one call. We are available 24/7 and take all of our cases on a contingency fee basis so you do not pay us a think until we get you paid. Get in touch with Walch Law today and your search for an Orange County car accident lawyer is over!
Nine Reasons To Choose Us
When looking for a California wrongful death lawyer, you want a law firm that can get you the money you deserve. At Walch Law, we don't just meet our clients' expectations, we exceed them. We win over 95% of our cases and will work hard to get you the same great results we have gotten for so many of our happy clients. When it comes to handing a California wrongful death case, resolving your case as quickly as possible for as much money as possible is how we approach every case.
Founding partner Gary Walch started this law firm to help people in your very situation. With over forty years of experience, you can feel confident that when you hire Walch Law Firm, you are benefiting from his years of experience. Robert Walch has been with the firm since 2000 and has a track record of success, as does the rest of the highly qualified staff at Walch Law. A family firm with the resources of a big law firm means you get the best of both worlds.
There are lots of law firms that will happily take your business but very few will deliver results and handle your case the way that we do. We understand and respect how difficult this time is for you and our family. When you hire Walch Law Firm you are hiring a family firm that you can trust. We have a stellar reputation within the legal community and among our clients.
DON\'T DELETEContingency Fee
For many individuals and families following a death it is not just an emotional time but a stressful financial time as well—hiring an attorney should help relieve this financial stress which is why you hire us on a contingency fee arrangement. Translation: you don't pay for any fees or costs associated with your case until you get paid. We have the financial resources of a large law firm but the accessible environment of a small firm meaning your case won't get lost in the shuffle.
Whenever you are ready, we are available to talk and this open and available communication model is something that our clients enjoy until their case is closed. We keep you informed and updated on your case every step of the way, always explain what's happening in plain English and ultimately deliver on our promise to get you paid.
DON\'T DELETERecent Victories
Winning over 95% of our cases means that you can feel very confident when you hire us to help with your case. Some of our recent victories include a $5,000,000+ settlement for a car accident, $1,250,000 settlement for a wrongful death pedestrian case and $2,500,000 for injuries related to a subway accident.
First and foremost, you are suffering a major traumatic loss and we understand that. We can help with counseling, medical professionals and other important resources during this time. Your focus should be on dealing with this loss, let us take care of all the legal details.
DON\'T DELETEFamily Firm
There are small firms that might not be able to front the costs of your case and there are big law firms that will easily take your case but lack any type of personal touch (and you might have trouble hearing back from them when you want to) and then there's Walch Law Firm. We can handle any case and pride ourselves on our accessibility to clients. Father-son duo Gary & Robert Walch treat everyone like family and this personal touch is something that our clients as well as our employees constantly comment on and appreciate!
DON\'T DELETESe Habla Espanol!
¿Busca un abogado de habla hispana ayudar con su caso de la muerte ilícito de California? No busque más. Somos una firma de abogados de servicio completo de habla hispana que puede ayudarle durante este tiempo difícil tiempo. Llama nos o correo electrónico hoy para su consulta gratuita para aprender más.