California motorcycle accidents often lead to serious injuries and sometimes death. Why? Because the openness and relative size of a motorcycle compared to a car or truck mean that the rider is the one usually getting directly hit by a much bigger and heavier force. It is simply not a fair fight.
CALIFORNIA MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT FAQ
Whether you were injuries or dealing with the injuries or death of a loved one following a California motorcycle accident, you probably have a lot of questions. Here’s a look at some of the most frequently asked questions we get from our motorcycle accident clients.
- How much is my case California motorcycle case worth? Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside…we have clients from all throughout Southern California and questions around how much their motorcycle accident case is worth is always a popular one. And rightfully so- these types of accidents are not just stressful, they are extremely expensive and often an expense that individuals and families are not prepared to absorb. How much your case is worth depends on the nature and extent of your injuries or death, the impact the accident has had on the your life (for instance, can you work or how much work have you missed) and other things like the emotional toll the accident has taken on your life. We work with you, your medical team and other experts to put together a figure for your case and then we aggressively go after it.
- How long will my California motorcycle case take? The amount of time your motorcycle accident case depends on a lot of things including: the nature and scope of your injuries or death, who is at fault and how clear that determination is (put differently, is there going to be a lot of back and forth about responsibility), and whether the case settles or goes to trial.
- How will an attorney help with my motorcycle accident case? There are so many ways an experienced Los Angeles motorcycle lawyer can help you with your case. For starters, hiring an attorney is one major worry you can take off your plate following a fatal or nonfatal motorcycle accident. For many, this is a tremendous relief to know that a lawyer is working on everything legal so you can concentrate on what is really important– your family and your physical and emotional recovery. Additionally, an attorney can also help get you the money you deserve for your accident or death. In our over 40 years of practice, we know all the arguments and work with the best team of experts to make sure that you are happy with your settlement. We are available 24/7 and work hard to limit the impact your accident has on your life and get you paid.
- The other drivers’ insurance company has made me an offer without an attorney, should I take it? There are so many reasons why you should never just accept the first offer you get from insurance. If you do nothing else at least schedule a free consultation with us to review the offer first. The reason an insurance company might be quick to make an offer is usually because they know your case is worth a lot more and they are trying to get off paying you what you deserve by making a quick offer. A little patience and a good attorney are usually the winning combination in getting you the money you deserve and it is always worth it.
- What if I can’t afford an attorney for my motorcycle accident? Good news– everyone can afford our services as your motorcycle accident lawyer because we don’t charge you anything until we get you paid. Commonly referred to as a contingency fee arrangement, it is setup to make legal help affordable by delaying payment until you have money to pay.
- What if I was partially at fault for accident? This is a very common question and one that too many people assume means that they cannot file a motorcycle accident lawsuit. That is simply not the case. If you are partially the cause of a motorcycle accident you can still file a personal injury lawsuit. These cases are obviously more complicated as there are arguments surrounding % of liability (yet another reason why working with a California motorcycle attorney is important) but California is a comparative negligence state meaning that you can recover the % you are not responsible for.
- I am still dealing with injuries from my California motorcycle crash, but going broke, help! Most riders don’t really set aside funds to get into a major motorcycle wreck, or worse. So dealing with the financial aftermath of feeling better can driver some to bankruptcy and it simply should not be that way. We can help. We have numerous medical contacts throughout the state to help get you the medical help you need without going broke. A medical lien is somewhat similar to the contingency fee arrangement you are working with us on– your doctors and other professionals are delaying payment until you get paid from your motorcycle lawsuit. Learn more about a medical lien here.
- My motorcycle accident was a year ago, how long do I have to file a lawsuit?Legally referred to as the statute of limitations, time is of the essence when it comes to any California personal injury lawsuit so do not hesitate to get in touch with us! For suits against the government (i.e. the city of Calabasas somehow contributed to the motorcycle accident) you only have six months but if your motorcycle personal injury suit is against someone or something else, you only have two years to file before you lose the opportunity to seek these important funds.
- What if my motorcycle accident happened in a state other than California? While we are California motorcycle accident lawyers we know a lot of great attorneys across the country and would be happy to connect with you, answer your questions and help you find an attorney that is a good fit for you and your family.
- How do I go about finding a California motorcycle accident attorney? You just did. Fill out our contact us form to set up your free consultation with us today!
Nine Reasons To Choose Us
When looking for a California wrongful death lawyer, you want a law firm that can get you the money you deserve. At Walch Law, we don't just meet our clients' expectations, we exceed them. We win over 95% of our cases and will work hard to get you the same great results we have gotten for so many of our happy clients. When it comes to handing a California wrongful death case, resolving your case as quickly as possible for as much money as possible is how we approach every case.
Founding partner Gary Walch started this law firm to help people in your very situation. With over forty years of experience, you can feel confident that when you hire Walch Law Firm, you are benefiting from his years of experience. Robert Walch has been with the firm since 2000 and has a track record of success, as does the rest of the highly qualified staff at Walch Law. A family firm with the resources of a big law firm means you get the best of both worlds.
There are lots of law firms that will happily take your business but very few will deliver results and handle your case the way that we do. We understand and respect how difficult this time is for you and our family. When you hire Walch Law Firm you are hiring a family firm that you can trust. We have a stellar reputation within the legal community and among our clients.
DON\'T DELETEContingency Fee
For many individuals and families following a death it is not just an emotional time but a stressful financial time as well—hiring an attorney should help relieve this financial stress which is why you hire us on a contingency fee arrangement. Translation: you don't pay for any fees or costs associated with your case until you get paid. We have the financial resources of a large law firm but the accessible environment of a small firm meaning your case won't get lost in the shuffle.
Whenever you are ready, we are available to talk and this open and available communication model is something that our clients enjoy until their case is closed. We keep you informed and updated on your case every step of the way, always explain what's happening in plain English and ultimately deliver on our promise to get you paid.
DON\'T DELETERecent Victories
Winning over 95% of our cases means that you can feel very confident when you hire us to help with your case. Some of our recent victories include a $5,000,000+ settlement for a car accident, $1,250,000 settlement for a wrongful death pedestrian case and $2,500,000 for injuries related to a subway accident.
First and foremost, you are suffering a major traumatic loss and we understand that. We can help with counseling, medical professionals and other important resources during this time. Your focus should be on dealing with this loss, let us take care of all the legal details.
DON\'T DELETEFamily Firm
There are small firms that might not be able to front the costs of your case and there are big law firms that will easily take your case but lack any type of personal touch (and you might have trouble hearing back from them when you want to) and then there's Walch Law Firm. We can handle any case and pride ourselves on our accessibility to clients. Father-son duo Gary & Robert Walch treat everyone like family and this personal touch is something that our clients as well as our employees constantly e!
DON\'T DELETESe Habla Espanol!
¿Busca un abogado de habla hispana ayudar con su caso de la muerte ilícito de California? No busque más. Somos una firma de abogados de servicio completo de habla hispana que puede ayudarle durante este tiempo difícil tiempo. Llama nos o correo electrónico hoy para su consulta gratuita para aprender más.