They hit you and then they drove away– an unfortunate and all too common Los Angeles car accident scenario. While hit and run car accidents are very illegal, many of these drivers quickly escape the scene and the damage they caused and elude not only their criminal penalties but their civil ones as well.
LOS ANGELES HIT AND RUN CAR ACCIDENT LEGAL HELP
What are your legal options following a hit and run car accident? Can you still file a claim when you don’t have the other parties information? Who pays for the damage caused by a Los Angeles hit and run accident? Questions abound following the confusion of a hit and run car accident. Here are the answers you are looking for.
- Yes– you can file a car accident claim following a hit and run lawsuit. Known as an uninsured motorist claim, we will actually be filing the claim against your own insurance company and this is exactly what this coverage is for and something that many people do not realize they have been paying into until they get into a hit and run accident. While your financial recovery will be limited to whatever you had set as your uninsured motorist policy limits, for some drivers this is a substantial number and something we will work to make sure you max this number out. Another important thing to note is that filing a claim against your own insurance company when the accident was not your fault will NOT result in raised car insurance prices going forward.
- Illegal– Leaving the scene of a car accident is illegal and something the city of Los Angeles takes very seriously. In many instances, you are not the only car a driver hits and the police work hard to try to track the driver down and often do. If the driver is found, we make sure we file a case against him or her as well. The criminal case against a hit and run driver and the civil car accident lawsuit are two totally separate cases– the criminal will be seeking punishment while we are going after money for you.
- Complicated– filing a hit and run car accident suit against your own insurance is a little more complicated than other car accident lawsuits which is why it is always best to work with an experienced law firm to maximize your recovery as quickly as possible.
- Contingency fee– At Walch Law, we know how stressful a car accident can be, especially a hit and run which is why we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis meaning you do not pay us a penny until we get you paid. Our fees are extremely reasonable (around 33%) and we are always very upfront about financials with our clients.
- 2 years– The general statute of limitations for car accidents in Los Angeles is two years from the time of the accident. Missing this important window means you are also missing your opportunity to collect much needed and deserved compensation for your injuries or the death of a loved one. Do not let this opportunity pass you by– hiring Walch Law only takes one call and we take it from there.
At Walch Law we are here to help with your Los Angeles hit and run accident. Our office is in Calabasas if you want to meet in person or we are happy to come to you, text, email or however you would like to keep in touch. Your initial consultation is on the house and designed to answer any and all questions you might have about how we can help, how long your car accident lawsuit will take and much more. Fill out our contact us form today to schedule a time to connect.
Nine Reasons To Choose Us
When looking for a California wrongful death lawyer, you want a law firm that can get you the money you deserve. At Walch Law, we don't just meet our clients' expectations, we exceed them. We win over 95% of our cases and will work hard to get you the same great results we have gotten for so many of our happy clients. When it comes to handing a California wrongful death case, resolving your case as quickly as possible for as much money as possible is how we approach every case.
Founding partner Gary Walch started this law firm to help people in your very situation. With over forty years of experience, you can feel confident that when you hire Walch Law Firm, you are benefiting from his years of experience. Robert Walch has been with the firm since 2000 and has a track record of success, as does the rest of the highly qualified staff at Walch Law. A family firm with the resources of a big law firm means you get the best of both worlds.
There are lots of law firms that will happily take your business but very few will deliver results and handle your case the way that we do. We understand and respect how difficult this time is for you and our family. When you hire Walch Law Firm you are hiring a family firm that you can trust. We have a stellar reputation within the legal community and among our clients.
DON\'T DELETEContingency Fee
For many individuals and families following a death it is not just an emotional time but a stressful financial time as well—hiring an attorney should help relieve this financial stress which is why you hire us on a contingency fee arrangement. Translation: you don't pay for any fees or costs associated with your case until you get paid. We have the financial resources of a large law firm but the accessible environment of a small firm meaning your case won't get lost in the shuffle.
Whenever you are ready, we are available to talk and this open and available communication model is something that our clients enjoy until their case is closed. We keep you informed and updated on your case every step of the way, always explain what's happening in plain English and ultimately deliver on our promise to get you paid.
DON\'T DELETERecent Victories
Winning over 95% of our cases means that you can feel very confident when you hire us to help with your case. Some of our recent victories include a $5,000,000+ settlement for a car accident, $1,250,000 settlement for a wrongful death pedestrian case and $2,500,000 for injuries related to a subway accident.
First and foremost, you are suffering a major traumatic loss and we understand that. We can help with counseling, medical professionals and other important resources during this time. Your focus should be on dealing with this loss, let us take care of all the legal details.
DON\'T DELETEFamily Firm
There are small firms that might not be able to front the costs of your case and there are big law firms that will easily take your case but lack any type of personal touch (and you might have trouble hearing back from them when you want to) and then there's Walch Law Firm. We can handle any case and pride ourselves on our accessibility to clients. Father-son duo Gary & Robert Walch treat everyone like family and this personal touch is something that our clients as well as our employees constantly e!
DON\'T DELETESe Habla Espanol!
¿Busca un abogado de habla hispana ayudar con su caso de la muerte ilícito de California? No busque más. Somos una firma de abogados de servicio completo de habla hispana que puede ayudarle durante este tiempo difícil tiempo. Llama nos o correo electrónico hoy para su consulta gratuita para aprender más.