Big trucks usually result in big accidents. Los Angeles is a major roadway for trucks to drive thru, drop off and pick up shipments and much more. Not surprisingly, it is also the site of serious and sometimes deadly truck accidents. The sheer size and numerous reactionary limitations of a large truck are often too much for small cars and even smaller motorcycle riders to handle. If you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one as a result of a Los Angeles truck accident, get in touch with Walch Law immediately.
LOS ANGELES TRUCK ACCIDENT LEGAL QUESTIONS
Questions abound following a major accident: will life ever be the same?; can I file a lawsuit?; how do I pick the best truck accident lawyer in Los Angeles?; will I be able to work again? At Walch Law, we get it and we are here to answer all of your questions and help get back life to normal again. Here’s a look at some of our most common Los Angeles truck accident questions:
- I’ve been in a serious Los Angeles truck accident, who would I be suing? Unlike a lot of car or motorcycle accidents where you file a lawsuit against the insurance of the party that hit you (not always the only defendant, but often the case), when it’s a truck accident there are often multiple much larger defendants at play. In most cases, you might name the following defendants: the truck driver and the truck driver’s employer. The good news is that in naming the drivers’ company, you have a much better chance at getting significantly more money in your case than you would if it were a car accident with low insurance policy limits.
- How much is my case worth? This probably should have been listed in the number one spot because this is such a common question and rightfully so– you have been in a serious truck accident that was not your fault (or at least not completely) and you want to know what you can expect from a Los Angeles truck accident personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. We get it. Here’s what goes into this answer (which is why you need to call us to talk more): scope of your injuries and future medical needs, damage to your car and any other personal property, how the accident happened, who the defendants are. Whether it is in Calabasas, Woodland Hills, Encino, Tarzana or Sherman Oaks, a Los Angeles Truck accident case with serious injuries is usually worth a substantial amount of money and something best left to Walch Law to handle in order to maximize your settlement and minimize the amount of time it takes to get these funds.
- Why are Los Angeles truck accidents so common? To be clear, Los Angeles car, motorcycle and pedestrian accidents are also very high as well. There are so many cars on the road trying to get from one place to another and that causes accidents. Because of their size, trucks are hard to share a road with when times are busy– they have way more blind spots than a car, have a slow reaction time and often hit multiple cars in an accident.
- What if I caused part of the accident? Too many California drivers mistakenly assume that if they played a role in a car accident then they are barred from filing a lawsuit. That is not the case. Los Angeles and the rest of California operates on a legal theory of comparative negligence meaning that you are responsible for the portion of the accident you caused but can still collect money for the portion that is not your fault. Put differently, once it is determined what % of the truck accident you are responsible for, your financial settlement is reduced by that amount. So, if the case was worth $200,000 total but you are responsible for 50% of the accident (a number as your attorney we will fight to be as low as possible) then you can collect $100,000.
- How can an attorney help with my Los Angeles truck accident case? An attorney can help with your case in so many ways. Our goal at Walch Law is to maximize your financial recovery, minimize the intrusion a lawsuit has in your life and get your case done so you can move on as quickly as possible. Interested, get in touch with us today.
At Walch Law, we have happy clients. That’s because they know how hard we are working for them and how easy it is to work with us. A google search for the best Los Angeles truck accident lawyer will certainly yield a lot of confusing results– go with the firm that has the success record and experience that will get you paid. Walch Law is it. We are available 24/7 and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Nine Reasons To Choose Us
When looking for a California wrongful death lawyer, you want a law firm that can get you the money you deserve. At Walch Law, we don't just meet our clients' expectations, we exceed them. We win over 95% of our cases and will work hard to get you the same great results we have gotten for so many of our happy clients. When it comes to handing a California wrongful death case, resolving your case as quickly as possible for as much money as possible is how we approach every case.
Founding partner Gary Walch started this law firm to help people in your very situation. With over forty years of experience, you can feel confident that when you hire Walch Law Firm, you are benefiting from his years of experience. Robert Walch has been with the firm since 2000 and has a track record of success, as does the rest of the highly qualified staff at Walch Law. A family firm with the resources of a big law firm means you get the best of both worlds.
There are lots of law firms that will happily take your business but very few will deliver results and handle your case the way that we do. We understand and respect how difficult this time is for you and our family. When you hire Walch Law Firm you are hiring a family firm that you can trust. We have a stellar reputation within the legal community and among our clients.
DON\'T DELETEContingency Fee
For many individuals and families following a death it is not just an emotional time but a stressful financial time as well—hiring an attorney should help relieve this financial stress which is why you hire us on a contingency fee arrangement. Translation: you don't pay for any fees or costs associated with your case until you get paid. We have the financial resources of a large law firm but the accessible environment of a small firm meaning your case won't get lost in the shuffle.
Whenever you are ready, we are available to talk and this open and available communication model is something that our clients enjoy until their case is closed. We keep you informed and updated on your case every step of the way, always explain what's happening in plain English and ultimately deliver on our promise to get you paid.
DON\'T DELETERecent Victories
Winning over 95% of our cases means that you can feel very confident when you hire us to help with your case. Some of our recent victories include a $5,000,000+ settlement for a car accident, $1,250,000 settlement for a wrongful death pedestrian case and $2,500,000 for injuries related to a subway accident.
First and foremost, you are suffering a major traumatic loss and we understand that. We can help with counseling, medical professionals and other important resources during this time. Your focus should be on dealing with this loss, let us take care of all the legal details.
DON\'T DELETEFamily Firm
There are small firms that might not be able to front the costs of your case and there are big law firms that will easily take your case but lack any type of personal touch (and you might have trouble hearing back from them when you want to) and then there's Walch Law Firm. We can handle any case and pride ourselves on our accessibility to clients. Father-son duo Gary & Robert Walch treat everyone like family and this personal touch is something that our clients as well as our employees constantly e!
DON\'T DELETESe Habla Espanol!
¿Busca un abogado de habla hispana ayudar con su caso de la muerte ilícito de California? No busque más. Somos una firma de abogados de servicio completo de habla hispana que puede ayudarle durante este tiempo difícil tiempo. Llama nos o correo electrónico hoy para su consulta gratuita para aprender más.