The devastation of the California wildfires continues to grow with the latest death count at 42. How did these fires happen? How did they spread so fast? Could they have been prevented? These important questions are on everyone's mind these days with some wondering the role PG&E power lines may have played. Economic losses in the area are currently projected to be between $3-6 Billion.
CNBC reports on the California wildfire lawsuit filed against PG&E which alleges that "The California wildfires started when electrical infrastructure owned, operated and maintained by PG&E came into contact with vegetation owned and maintained by PG&E."
There is so much information left to be found as to the cause of the 13 Bay Area fires but if a company or person is found to be responsible for some or part of any of the fires (or otherwise played a role in contributing to the spread), a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit can help provide those that are impacted with some much-needed financial resources as well as the feeling of justice.
Injuries and avoidable killings are not just devastating, they can be extremely expensive as well. Here are some of the things that a personal injury suit can help cover:
- Medical bills: Even a ride in an ambulance can be thousands of dollars and this is a ride you or your loved one never should have taken but for the negligence of someone else.
- Ongoing medical needs: Physical therapy and ongoing medical monitoring for existing and potential issues are just a couple examples of the ongoing medical needs a victim of a personal injury case might be dealing with for the rest of their life.
- Funeral expenses: The average funeral is not hundreds of dollars, it's thousands of dollars
- Professional changes: Lost wages are easy to calculate but what about your inability to work or your inability do your same job or workload as you were before the accident? Coming up with a number and getting it is what we do.
- Personal changes: PTSD and other ongoing emotional issues are extremely common following a personal injury. In addition to your own emotions, your personal relationships with those you love might be negatively impacted as well and this is something that we will work to help get you compensated for.
No amount of money can ever undo a catastrophic personal injury but it can and does help. There are very important and strict deadlines when it comes to filing these cases so do not miss the opportunity to file a lawsuit by waiting too long. The Walch Law firm is here to help- get in touch with us today.