California wrongful death lawsuits are complex and emotionally charged and we are here to help with both of those things. As the name implies, a wrongful death lawsuit centers around a death that never should have happened. Someone or something acted in a harmful way that caused the immediate or eventual death of a loved one. Some of the more common California wrongful death scenarios include:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Surgical & Medical Deaths
- Defective Product Deaths
- Mass Torts
How Do California Wrongful Death Lawsuits Work?
How your wrongful death lawsuit will work depends on who the defendant is and the nature of the deadly accident but the important thing to know is that you have legal options available to help get you compensated following the death but you need to act now. Here are the important things to know about California wrongful lawsuits:
- Statute of limitations: Generally speaking, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. If the defendant is a city or state or is a medical malpractice death then the timeline for filing is tighter.
- Defendants matter: So many people are searching for a personal injury calculator or trying to shop around for lawyers that will value their case the highest. Both those things can end up with wildly disappointing results. The truth is that your case value is always going to be high when there’s a wrongful death but the payout will depend largely on the solvency of the defendant.
- Evidence: Evidence is always best fresh which is why it is important to document your memories of the accident and get in touch with us as soon as possible.
- Contingency fee: We take all our cases on a contingency fee arrangement because we don’t want to place any additional financial stress on you following the death of a loved one. How contingency fee arrangements work is simple– we don’t get paid anything unless you get paid. After there is a financial settlement or judgement, we take our very reasonable fee usually around 30%
- Comparative negligence: Good news- California is a comparative negligence state which means that even if your loved one played a role in their life-ending you still have a lawsuit. What happens is these cases is that the role of each party is compared and ultimately the recovery is reduced by the percentage your loved on played in the accident.
California Wrongful Death Lawyer
When looking for a California wrongful death lawyer to handle one of the most important legal matters of your life, look no further than the highly successful team of lawyers at Walch Law. Calabasas-based but taking clients throughout the state of California, we have been winning wrongful death cases for over 40 years. We are very sorry for your loss and while no amount of money can bring your loved one back, it can help the absence in more ways that one. Always available to talk and ready to get started today, get in touch with us now to learn more.
Nine Reasons To Choose Us
When looking for a California wrongful death lawyer, you want a law firm that can get you the money you deserve. At Walch Law, we don't just meet our clients' expectations, we exceed them. We win over 95% of our cases and will work hard to get you the same great results we have gotten for so many of our happy clients. When it comes to handing a California wrongful death case, resolving your case as quickly as possible for as much money as possible is how we approach every case.
Founding partner Gary Walch started this law firm to help people in your very situation. With over forty years of experience, you can feel confident that when you hire Walch Law Firm, you are benefiting from his years of experience. Robert Walch has been with the firm since 2000 and has a track record of success, as does the rest of the highly qualified staff at Walch Law. A family firm with the resources of a big law firm means you get the best of both worlds.
There are lots of law firms that will happily take your business but very few will deliver results and handle your case the way that we do. We understand and respect how difficult this time is for you and our family. When you hire Walch Law Firm you are hiring a family firm that you can trust. We have a stellar reputation within the legal community and among our clients.
DON\'T DELETEContingency Fee
For many individuals and families following a death it is not just an emotional time but a stressful financial time as well—hiring an attorney should help relieve this financial stress which is why you hire us on a contingency fee arrangement. Translation: you don't pay for any fees or costs associated with your case until you get paid. We have the financial resources of a large law firm but the accessible environment of a small firm meaning your case won't get lost in the shuffle.
Whenever you are ready, we are available to talk and this open and available communication model is something that our clients enjoy until their case is closed. We keep you informed and updated on your case every step of the way, always explain what's happening in plain English and ultimately deliver on our promise to get you paid.
DON\'T DELETERecent Victories
Winning over 95% of our cases means that you can feel very confident when you hire us to help with your case. Some of our recent victories include a $5,000,000+ settlement for a car accident, $1,250,000 settlement for a wrongful death pedestrian case and $2,500,000 for injuries related to a subway accident.
First and foremost, you are suffering a major traumatic loss and we understand that. We can help with counseling, medical professionals and other important resources during this time. Your focus should be on dealing with this loss, let us take care of all the legal details.
DON\'T DELETEFamily Firm
There are small firms that might not be able to front the costs of your case and there are big law firms that will easily take your case but lack any type of personal touch (and you might have trouble hearing back from them when you want to) and then there's Walch Law Firm. We can handle any case and pride ourselves on our accessibility to clients. Father-son duo Gary & Robert Walch treat everyone like family and this personal touch is something that our clients as well as our employees constantly e!
DON\'T DELETESe Habla Espanol!
¿Busca un abogado de habla hispana ayudar con su caso de la muerte ilícito de California? No busque más. Somos una firma de abogados de servicio completo de habla hispana que puede ayudarle durante este tiempo difícil tiempo. Llama nos o correo electrónico hoy para su consulta gratuita para aprender más.