The wind in your face, the control, the ease of movement– there are a lot of reasons that people love riding their motorcycle and with the many roads and highways, California has one of the strongest motorcycle cultures in the United States. Unfortunately, it is the same sense of unrestrained freedom that attracts so many to this mode of transportation that is also the reason why motorcycle accidents are so deadly. To put things in perspective, a motorcycle accident is 26 times more likely to lead to a death than if the individual was riding in a car. Much like when it comes to truck accidents and smaller vehicles, the huge size and protection differential makes it an unfair fight from the beginning.
COMMON CAUSES OF CALIFORNIA MOTORCYCLE DEATHS
- Vehicle Error: 2/3 of all motorcycle accidents are the result of a vehicle violating the right of way
- Visibility: motorcycles are much smaller the cars and trucks they share the road with and as a result, there are visibility issues when it comes to other drivers seeing them. Busy roads, bad weather conditions and confusing intersections are all major factors that can result in a motorcycle being hit by a car or truck that did not see them in time to respond
- Road conditions: whether it is a permanent road issue like a pot hole or a temporary one cause by weather, when road conditions are bad the potential for a motorcycle accident increases greatly
- Speed: Many motorcycle riders love riding at high speeds. The problem with this is that this can cause a “wobble” on the front tire that causes the operator to lose control and crash. The wobble occurs when there is a misalignment of the front and rear tire.
- Rider error: Operating a motorcycle is completely different than driving a car. Even the most skilled riders get into deadly accidents.
DETERMINING FAULT IN A CALIFORNIA MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT DEATH
So who is responsible following a California motorcycle accident death? Similar to a car or truck accident death, the answer to this involves looking at the specifics of the case and proving the following elements: duty of care, breach and injuries. Potential liability can rest on the following parties:
- The rider: As mentioned above, rider error can be a contributing factor in a crash. If the rider is responsible, you still may be able to recover. This can be a complicated legal analysis involving accident reconstruction, % analysis and other considerations so if this is the situation you are dealing with– please give us a call immediately.
- The other driver: The other party to the crash may be completely or partially responsible for the death and actions against them and/or their insurance company may provide you with some much needed financial compensation following your loss
- The motorcycle manufacturer: Design and manufacturing defects are not uncommon in the motorcycle world and if the bike was in some way faulty then the manufacturer should bear some or all of the responsibility.
Following a motorcycle accident death, you are likely experiencing a range of emotions, frustrations and maybe even anger. Dealing with your loss is and should be your priority at this time but you cannot delay in seeking legal representation. Time is of the essence when it comes to asserting your legal rights– you do not want to miss this important opportunity to recover for your loss. One call to the Walch Law Firm is all you need to make and we will take it from there.
Nine Reasons To Choose Us
When looking for a California wrongful death lawyer, you want a law firm that can get you the money you deserve. At Walch Law, we don't just meet our clients' expectations, we exceed them. We win over 95% of our cases and will work hard to get you the same great results we have gotten for so many of our happy clients. When it comes to handing a California wrongful death case, resolving your case as quickly as possible for as much money as possible is how we approach every case.
Founding partner Gary Walch started this law firm to help people in your very situation. With over forty years of experience, you can feel confident that when you hire Walch Law Firm, you are benefiting from his years of experience. Robert Walch has been with the firm since 2000 and has a track record of success, as does the rest of the highly qualified staff at Walch Law. A family firm with the resources of a big law firm means you get the best of both worlds.
There are lots of law firms that will happily take your business but very few will deliver results and handle your case the way that we do. We understand and respect how difficult this time is for you and our family. When you hire Walch Law Firm you are hiring a family firm that you can trust. We have a stellar reputation within the legal community and among our clients.
DON\'T DELETEContingency Fee
For many individuals and families following a death it is not just an emotional time but a stressful financial time as well—hiring an attorney should help relieve this financial stress which is why you hire us on a contingency fee arrangement. Translation: you don't pay for any fees or costs associated with your case until you get paid. We have the financial resources of a large law firm but the accessible environment of a small firm meaning your case won't get lost in the shuffle.
Whenever you are ready, we are available to talk and this open and available communication model is something that our clients enjoy until their case is closed. We keep you informed and updated on your case every step of the way, always explain what's happening in plain English and ultimately deliver on our promise to get you paid.
DON\'T DELETERecent Victories
Winning over 95% of our cases means that you can feel very confident when you hire us to help with your case. Some of our recent victories include a $5,000,000+ settlement for a car accident, $1,250,000 settlement for a wrongful death pedestrian case and $2,500,000 for injuries related to a subway accident.
First and foremost, you are suffering a major traumatic loss and we understand that. We can help with counseling, medical professionals and other important resources during this time. Your focus should be on dealing with this loss, let us take care of all the legal details.
DON\'T DELETEFamily Firm
There are small firms that might not be able to front the costs of your case and there are big law firms that will easily take your case but lack any type of personal touch (and you might have trouble hearing back from them when you want to) and then there's Walch Law Firm. We can handle any case and pride ourselves on our accessibility to clients. Father-son duo Gary & Robert Walch treat everyone like family and this personal touch is something that our clients as well as our employees constantly e!
DON\'T DELETESe Habla Espanol!
¿Busca un abogado de habla hispana ayudar con su caso de la muerte ilícito de California? No busque más. Somos una firma de abogados de servicio completo de habla hispana que puede ayudarle durante este tiempo difícil tiempo. Llama nos o correo electrónico hoy para su consulta gratuita para aprender más.