We've all heard that you are much more likely to get into a car crash (especially in busy Los Angeles) than an airplane crash. Usually this is to help ease any anxiety a nervous flier has and while that is certainly true that does not mean that other types of airplane accidents don't happen all the time. Crashes are rare but airplane personal injuries and even deaths are not that rare and often the airline or airport is at least somewhat responsible for these injuries. If you are suffering from an airplane injury or death, do not hesitate to get in touch with Walch Law today to discuss the matter further.
Common Airplane Injuries
Airplanes are getting more crowded and less customer-centric as airlines are often more concerned about the bottom line than the passengers on their planes. Delta, United, American and Alaska are just a handful of commercial airlines that have been in the news lately with passenger injuries and deaths. Governed by the Federal Aviation Act (FAA), airlines and their employees have an affirmative obligation to ensure that injuries are avoided during flights, take-off and landings. Common airplane injuries include:
- Falling luggage
- Burns from hot liquids
- Getting hit by the beverage cart
- Failure to keep a clear passage to the restrooms or exits
- Turbulence-related injuries
- Failure to properly respond during medical emergencies
- Slip and fall
Common Airport Injuries
Not only are airplanes getting increasingly crowded, so too are airports, specifically during peak travel times like Thanksgiving, Christmas and long weekends. While the influx of travelers can be a lot for an airport to handle, it is their duty to keep the premises safe. Most airport personal injury lawsuits rest on a theory of premises liability, meaning that the owner of the property is held responsible for accidents and injuries that occur on their premises (once negligence is proved, of course). Common airport injuries include:
- Slip and fall due to a negligent/poorly supervised condition
- Escalator and elevator injuries, usually as a result of overcrowding or maintenance issues
- Injuries on jetway stairs and ramps
- Poorly maintained seating and other rest areas
- Construction and airport curbside accidents
We help those injured at any airport throughout California which includes:
- Arcata Airport- Eureka, CA
- Meadows Field, Bakersfield, CA
- Bob Hope Airport- Glendale, CA
- McClellan-Palomar Airport- Carlsbad, CA
- Chico Municipal Airport- Chico, CA
- Del Norte County Airport- Crescent City, CA
- Fresno-Yosemite International Airport (FAT)- Fresno, CA
- Long Beach Airport (LGB)- Long Beach, CA
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)- Los Angeles, CA
- Mammoth Yosemite Airport (MMH)- Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Modesto Airport (MOD)- Modesto, CA
- Monterey Regional Airport (MRY)- Monterey, CA
- Oakland International Airport (OAK)- Oakland, CA
- Ontario International Airport (ONT)- Ontario, CA
- Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)- Palm Springs, CA
- Redding Municipal Airport (RDD)- Redding, CA
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF)- Sacramento, CA
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)- San Diego, CA
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)- San Francisco, CA
- Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC)- San Jose, CA
- San Luis Obispo Regional Airport (SBP)- San Luis Obispo, CA
- John Wayne Airport (SNA)- Orange County, CA
- Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA)- Santa Barbara, CA
- Santa Maria Public Airport (SMX)- Santa Maria, CA
- Schulz-Sonoma County Airport (STS)- Santa Rosa, CA
- Stockton Metropolitan Airport (SCK)- Stockton, CA
Airplane and Airport Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Suits
What happens when you have been injured at an airport or during a flight? You have legal options. If you have been injured during a flight, it may be due to the negligence of the airline employees or the manufacturer of the offending part of the airplane. For instance, if you were seriously injured when luggage fell out of the overhead compartment during a flight it may be the fault of the flight attendant that failed to secure the overhead bins as is required or it may also be the fault of the manufacturer of those defective bins. If you had a serious fall at an airport, it may because the airport did not properly keep their walkways in safe conditions. Whatever your injury it is worth your time to give us a call and have a free review of your accident- we can tell you what we think your case might be worth, how long it will take and answer all your questions about the legal process of suing an airport, airline or manufacturer. Let our 40 yeas and 95%+ success rate help maximize your recovery. We look forward to hearing from you.
Nine Reasons To Choose Us
When looking for a California wrongful death lawyer, you want a law firm that can get you the money you deserve. At Walch Law, we don't just meet our clients' expectations, we exceed them. We win over 95% of our cases and will work hard to get you the same great results we have gotten for so many of our happy clients. When it comes to handing a California wrongful death case, resolving your case as quickly as possible for as much money as possible is how we approach every case.
Founding partner Gary Walch started this law firm to help people in your very situation. With over forty years of experience, you can feel confident that when you hire Walch Law Firm, you are benefiting from his years of experience. Robert Walch has been with the firm since 2000 and has a track record of success, as does the rest of the highly qualified staff at Walch Law. A family firm with the resources of a big law firm means you get the best of both worlds.
There are lots of law firms that will happily take your business but very few will deliver results and handle your case the way that we do. We understand and respect how difficult this time is for you and our family. When you hire Walch Law Firm you are hiring a family firm that you can trust. We have a stellar reputation within the legal community and among our clients.
DON\'T DELETEContingency Fee
For many individuals and families following a death it is not just an emotional time but a stressful financial time as well—hiring an attorney should help relieve this financial stress which is why you hire us on a contingency fee arrangement. Translation: you don't pay for any fees or costs associated with your case until you get paid. We have the financial resources of a large law firm but the accessible environment of a small firm meaning your case won't get lost in the shuffle.
Whenever you are ready, we are available to talk and this open and available communication model is something that our clients enjoy until their case is closed. We keep you informed and updated on your case every step of the way, always explain what's happening in plain English and ultimately deliver on our promise to get you paid.
DON\'T DELETERecent Victories
Winning over 95% of our cases means that you can feel very confident when you hire us to help with your case. Some of our recent victories include a $5,000,000+ settlement for a car accident, $1,250,000 settlement for a wrongful death pedestrian case and $2,500,000 for injuries related to a subway accident.
First and foremost, you are suffering a major traumatic loss and we understand that. We can help with counseling, medical professionals and other important resources during this time. Your focus should be on dealing with this loss, let us take care of all the legal details.
DON\'T DELETEFamily Firm
There are small firms that might not be able to front the costs of your case and there are big law firms that will easily take your case but lack any type of personal touch (and you might have trouble hearing back from them when you want to) and then there's Walch Law Firm. We can handle any case and pride ourselves on our accessibility to clients. Father-son duo Gary & Robert Walch treat everyone like family and this personal touch is something that our clients as well as our employees constantly comment on and appreciate!
DON\'T DELETESe Habla Espanol!
¿Busca un abogado de habla hispana ayudar con su caso de la muerte ilícito de California? No busque más. Somos una firma de abogados de servicio completo de habla hispana que puede ayudarle durante este tiempo difícil tiempo. Llama nos o correo electrónico hoy para su consulta gratuita para aprender más.