Dealing with the aftermath of a serious California motorcycle accident is always difficult. Different than a California car or truck accident, motorcycle riders are completely exposed to the other vehicle as well as their surroundings, making even a slow-moving accident a serious if not deadly one.
COMMON MOTORCYCLE INJURIES
What are the most common motorcycle injuries?
- Legs and Feet: According to a 7-year study by the CDC, 30% of all non-fatal motorcycle accidents result in injuries to the legs and feet. When an accident happens and a rider is not ejected from his or her bike, they very often have the heavy machinery fall on their lower body, causing broken bones and other major injuries to their legs and feet.
- Head Injuries: Without a doubt helmets save lives but the tremendous direct impact a motorcycle rider experiences in a crash still leaves a rider with temporary or permanent head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries. A lot of serious motorcycle accidents involve the rider being ejected from his bike and the landing jerks and hits the head and neck area in a very unnatural and damaging way. Where and how a rider lands of course plays a major role on the extent of the head injury.
- Skin Injuries: Thick clothing like leather is always a helpful item to have on when in a motorcycle accident because it provides a protective barrier against the driver and the hot, hard road. Road rash happens when a biker slides across the road and can be so deep that it can cause surface nerve damage. While the skin will eventually heal if proper care is taken, permanent scarring is extremely common.
- Broken Bones: Broken bones are common in any type of personal injury but especially common when your body is directly exposed as it is on a motorcycle or in pedestrian accidents. The most common broken bones that come from a motorcycle accident include arms, femur and wrists in addition to broken ribs and facial fractures.
- Spinal Injuries: The spine, similar to the neck is one of those very serious injuries that you may not realize at first. Motorcycle spinal injuries can range from minor to serious depending not only on the nature of the accident but also how it is handled after. Riders are encouraged to stay still until professional help arrives following an accident partly because certain movements can worsen spinal damage. Put simply, your spine is extremely important and also extremely delicate which is why it is easy to seriously injury and cause some level of paralysis.
MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LEGAL HELP
Have you been in a California motorcycle accident or lost a loved one as a result of an accident? We are so sorry for what you are dealing with and we are here to help. When the accident was fully or partially the fault of another, you should file a personal injury lawsuit to help compensate you for your damages or loss. Even a minor accident that involves a trip to the ER can cost tens of thousands of dollars. Depending on who the other driver to the accident is, here’s a look at some avenues of recovery following your California motorcycle accident:
- Insurance: Most motorcycle accidents are covered in full or part by the insurance coverage carried by the responsible party. If the other driver was only carrying the California minimum insurance requirements then it is likely that their coverage falls short of your financial needs and in these scenarios, we will also look to getting you compensated from your own underinsured motorist coverage.
- Employer: Most common in truck accident cases, an employer can be held responsible for the negligent actions of their employees when working. Not only can this provide funds when the insurance coverage falls short but it can also impact a positive change in the training and hiring practices of an employer.
- Private: While the collection aspect of getting a judgement against an individual can often be difficult if the individual does not have the funds, this is nevertheless an available source.
- City: California roadways are full of dangers and the failure of the city to maintain the road can result in a government lawsuit. For instance, the city of Los Angeles recently had to pay a biker $6.5 Million after he was seriously injured by a fall he sustained after hitting a pothole.
Our comprehensive evaluation of your case ensures that we hold every party responsible for your motorcycle accident financially responsible for the injuries, death and damage they contributed to. Following a major accident, we know that taking on a legal case is just about the last thing you want to do. We get that and make your life easy by giving you the peace of mind that everything is being covered as quickly as possible. We are always available and don’t charge you a penny until we get you paid. Fill out our contact us form to learn more.
Nine Reasons To Choose Us
When looking for a California wrongful death lawyer, you want a law firm that can get you the money you deserve. At Walch Law, we don't just meet our clients' expectations, we exceed them. We win over 95% of our cases and will work hard to get you the same great results we have gotten for so many of our happy clients. When it comes to handing a California wrongful death case, resolving your case as quickly as possible for as much money as possible is how we approach every case.
Founding partner Gary Walch started this law firm to help people in your very situation. With over forty years of experience, you can feel confident that when you hire Walch Law Firm, you are benefiting from his years of experience. Robert Walch has been with the firm since 2000 and has a track record of success, as does the rest of the highly qualified staff at Walch Law. A family firm with the resources of a big law firm means you get the best of both worlds.
There are lots of law firms that will happily take your business but very few will deliver results and handle your case the way that we do. We understand and respect how difficult this time is for you and our family. When you hire Walch Law Firm you are hiring a family firm that you can trust. We have a stellar reputation within the legal community and among our clients.
DON\'T DELETEContingency Fee
For many individuals and families following a death it is not just an emotional time but a stressful financial time as well—hiring an attorney should help relieve this financial stress which is why you hire us on a contingency fee arrangement. Translation: you don't pay for any fees or costs associated with your case until you get paid. We have the financial resources of a large law firm but the accessible environment of a small firm meaning your case won't get lost in the shuffle.
Whenever you are ready, we are available to talk and this open and available communication model is something that our clients enjoy until their case is closed. We keep you informed and updated on your case every step of the way, always explain what's happening in plain English and ultimately deliver on our promise to get you paid.
DON\'T DELETERecent Victories
Winning over 95% of our cases means that you can feel very confident when you hire us to help with your case. Some of our recent victories include a $5,000,000+ settlement for a car accident, $1,250,000 settlement for a wrongful death pedestrian case and $2,500,000 for injuries related to a subway accident.
First and foremost, you are suffering a major traumatic loss and we understand that. We can help with counseling, medical professionals and other important resources during this time. Your focus should be on dealing with this loss, let us take care of all the legal details.
DON\'T DELETEFamily Firm
There are small firms that might not be able to front the costs of your case and there are big law firms that will easily take your case but lack any type of personal touch (and you might have trouble hearing back from them when you want to) and then there's Walch Law Firm. We can handle any case and pride ourselves on our accessibility to clients. Father-son duo Gary & Robert Walch treat everyone like family and this personal touch is something that our clients as well as our employees constantly e!
DON\'T DELETESe Habla Espanol!
¿Busca un abogado de habla hispana ayudar con su caso de la muerte ilícito de California? No busque más. Somos una firma de abogados de servicio completo de habla hispana que puede ayudarle durante este tiempo difícil tiempo. Llama nos o correo electrónico hoy para su consulta gratuita para aprender más.