With a little less than 1 Million residents, Ventura County has always been a popular place to live and visit. The convenient location between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara means that there is also a lot of commuting that goes on with the unfortunate side effect of serious and deadly car accidents happening every day in this beach-side community. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a Ventura County car accident, do not hesitate to get in touch with the highly capable attorneys at Walch Law.
AVERAGE VENTURA CAR ACCIDENT SETTLEMENT AMOUNTS
How much is your Ventura car accident worth? When just starting your research into filing a Ventura car accident or wrongful death lawsuit, you want to know if it is worth your time and energy. Let’s start there– if you have been injured because of a car accident that was at least partially not your fault, it’s worth your time to call a Ventura car accident lawyer. And if you have lost a loved one because of a Ventura car accident then do not hesitate to call us. Hiring a lawyer to take on your car accident claim is so little work for you and can get you the money you deserve quickly– something many people do not realize until they get the energy to pick up the phone.
Every car accident case is different and so is the worth of each injury, impact on life and death. One of the biggest determiners of the worth of your Ventura car accident case is something completely out of your control– who the defendant is because ultimately the defendant has to be able to actually pay what he or she is responsible for. When the car accident involves another driver, you are usually limited to the policy limits of the defendant and your own insurance coverage (learn more about Los Angeles underinsured motorist coverage here). Here’s a look at some general numbers that go into determining your average Ventura car accident settlement amount:
- Missed work: How much work you missed and how much it cost you is an actual exact number that you should be able to work with your attorney on coming up with. If you missed a week of work and would have been paid $1,000 that week then that is the number.
- Medical bills: your medical bills following the accident are another exact number that we will work with you on but these bills can get high quickly and not something that you should ever be out of pocket for. Keep in mind that these medical bills are different than how much an individual typically gets paid for an injury (see more on that below). A single ambulance ride can result in a $10,000 bill and each doctor visit close to $500.
- Pain and Suffering: A lot of our clients are confused and ask us this simple but important question– what exactly does pain and suffering mean? It is a legal term that takes into account the physical and emotional impact your Ventura car accident has had and will have on your life. For instance– scars, depression, physical limitations and shortened life span are all things that fall under this general term. As far ac calculating how much your pain and suffering is worth, one simple way to get a good estimate is to multiply all the other known numbers by a certain number or to attach a daily value and forecast it out until you are better.
- Car accident injury values: Individual injures are often paid out in a certain range (again, every case and injury is different), here’s a look at some of the more common car accident injuries:
- Whiplash: Between $3,000-$30,000 depending on whether it is temporary or permanent
- Neck injuries: Around $50,000 for serious neck injuries
- Broken bones: $100,000 is not an uncommon number for larger bone breaks
- Partial paralysis: Hundreds of thousands to $1 Million
- Total paralysis: Millions
- Punitive Damages: Can you get punitive damages for a Ventura car accident? You can but the cases that are awarded punitive damages are extremely rare. That being said, we will absolutely let you know if your case warrants this type of defendant punishment-based award and will aggressively seek it if it does.
Again, the worth of your Ventura car accident case is something that you need to give us a call about to discuss in detail and take into account all the specific details of the accident, if you had a role in it, etc.
VENTURA CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
If you are looking for a Ventura car accident lawyer, look no further than the highly successful team of lawyers at Walch Law. We have over 40 years of experience maximizing the financial recovery for our car accident clients from Ventura to Riverside to Eureka and we will work hard to get you the same great results too. Hiring is us is easy– it only takes one call. Do not delay on this important decision any longer and get in touch with us know…you will be happy you did.
Nine Reasons To Choose Us
When looking for a California wrongful death lawyer, you want a law firm that can get you the money you deserve. At Walch Law, we don't just meet our clients' expectations, we exceed them. We win over 95% of our cases and will work hard to get you the same great results we have gotten for so many of our happy clients. When it comes to handing a California wrongful death case, resolving your case as quickly as possible for as much money as possible is how we approach every case.
Founding partner Gary Walch started this law firm to help people in your very situation. With over forty years of experience, you can feel confident that when you hire Walch Law Firm, you are benefiting from his years of experience. Robert Walch has been with the firm since 2000 and has a track record of success, as does the rest of the highly qualified staff at Walch Law. A family firm with the resources of a big law firm means you get the best of both worlds.
There are lots of law firms that will happily take your business but very few will deliver results and handle your case the way that we do. We understand and respect how difficult this time is for you and our family. When you hire Walch Law Firm you are hiring a family firm that you can trust. We have a stellar reputation within the legal community and among our clients.
DON\'T DELETEContingency Fee
For many individuals and families following a death it is not just an emotional time but a stressful financial time as well—hiring an attorney should help relieve this financial stress which is why you hire us on a contingency fee arrangement. Translation: you don't pay for any fees or costs associated with your case until you get paid. We have the financial resources of a large law firm but the accessible environment of a small firm meaning your case won't get lost in the shuffle.
Whenever you are ready, we are available to talk and this open and available communication model is something that our clients enjoy until their case is closed. We keep you informed and updated on your case every step of the way, always explain what's happening in plain English and ultimately deliver on our promise to get you paid.
DON\'T DELETERecent Victories
Winning over 95% of our cases means that you can feel very confident when you hire us to help with your case. Some of our recent victories include a $5,000,000+ settlement for a car accident, $1,250,000 settlement for a wrongful death pedestrian case and $2,500,000 for injuries related to a subway accident.
First and foremost, you are suffering a major traumatic loss and we understand that. We can help with counseling, medical professionals and other important resources during this time. Your focus should be on dealing with this loss, let us take care of all the legal details.
DON\'T DELETEFamily Firm
There are small firms that might not be able to front the costs of your case and there are big law firms that will easily take your case but lack any type of personal touch (and you might have trouble hearing back from them when you want to) and then there's Walch Law Firm. We can handle any case and pride ourselves on our accessibility to clients. Father-son duo Gary & Robert Walch treat everyone like family and this personal touch is something that our clients as well as our employees constantly e!
DON\'T DELETESe Habla Espanol!
¿Busca un abogado de habla hispana ayudar con su caso de la muerte ilícito de California? No busque más. Somos una firma de abogados de servicio completo de habla hispana que puede ayudarle durante este tiempo difícil tiempo. Llama nos o correo electrónico hoy para su consulta gratuita para aprender más.