With so many cars on Los Angeles highways and roadways, it is no wonder that there are also so many different types of car accidents as well. Leading the nation in both fatal and nonfatal car accidents, the state of California’s numbers continue to rise with the growing population. The type of Los Angeles car accident you get into can play a big role in the nature and scope of your injuries and proving fault. For instance, absent a very small exception,
TYPES OF CALIFORNIA CAR ACCIDENTS
- Rear-end collisions: Tailgating and distracted driving are the two most common reasons for rear-end collisions in California. We recently blogged about how common (and why) rear-end collisions are in beach cities like Santa Monica and your legal options following this type of accident.
- Lane change: Failure to signal, blind spots and other issues make California lane change car accidents the most common cause of car accidents in the state. Most likely to happen on a freeway like the 405 or 101 during busier traffic times, lane change car accidents can lead to serious sometimes deadly injuries.
- Side Impact: Also commonly referred to as t-bone, side impact car accidents usually happen when one car or truck is breaking a traffic law, like running a red light or stop sign.
- Texting and Driving Accidents: Just because texting and driving is illegal in California does not mean that it doesn’t happen all the time. Drivers don’t realize just how distracting texting and driving is and it continues to cause major and minor California car accidents.
- Multi-vehicle accidents: A rear-end collision can turn into multiple rear-end collisions very quickly depending on how close and fast cars are moving in relation to each other. California multi-vehicle accidents can be more complicated when it comes to attributing fault which is why t is always best to work with an experienced California car accident attorney to maximize your settlement.
While the types of accidents can vary depending on many factors, one cause of a Los Angeles car accident that continues to grow is distracted driving. While texting is the most cited example of California distracted driving accidents, it is certainly not the only available distraction for drivers. There are three main types of distracted driving– visual (looking away from the road ahead of you), manual (taking your hands off the wheel or foot off the pedal) and cognitive (temporarily or permanently lacking the mental awareness required to drive). Within each of those classifications are lots of examples from applying makeup to eating to driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If a driver was distracted when they hit you then they are breaking a traffic law and at least partially responsible for your car accident.
Wondering if you have a case and want an honest evaluation? Know you have a case but not sure where to get started with the legal process? Walch Law is here to help. Give us a call today for an obligation-free consultation on your car accident. We look forward to hearing from you.
Nine Reasons To Choose Us
When looking for a California wrongful death lawyer, you want a law firm that can get you the money you deserve. At Walch Law, we don't just meet our clients' expectations, we exceed them. We win over 95% of our cases and will work hard to get you the same great results we have gotten for so many of our happy clients. When it comes to handing a California wrongful death case, resolving your case as quickly as possible for as much money as possible is how we approach every case.
Founding partner Gary Walch started this law firm to help people in your very situation. With over forty years of experience, you can feel confident that when you hire Walch Law Firm, you are benefiting from his years of experience. Robert Walch has been with the firm since 2000 and has a track record of success, as does the rest of the highly qualified staff at Walch Law. A family firm with the resources of a big law firm means you get the best of both worlds.
There are lots of law firms that will happily take your business but very few will deliver results and handle your case the way that we do. We understand and respect how difficult this time is for you and our family. When you hire Walch Law Firm you are hiring a family firm that you can trust. We have a stellar reputation within the legal community and among our clients.
DON\'T DELETEContingency Fee
For many individuals and families following a death it is not just an emotional time but a stressful financial time as well—hiring an attorney should help relieve this financial stress which is why you hire us on a contingency fee arrangement. Translation: you don't pay for any fees or costs associated with your case until you get paid. We have the financial resources of a large law firm but the accessible environment of a small firm meaning your case won't get lost in the shuffle.
Whenever you are ready, we are available to talk and this open and available communication model is something that our clients enjoy until their case is closed. We keep you informed and updated on your case every step of the way, always explain what's happening in plain English and ultimately deliver on our promise to get you paid.
DON\'T DELETERecent Victories
Winning over 95% of our cases means that you can feel very confident when you hire us to help with your case. Some of our recent victories include a $5,000,000+ settlement for a car accident, $1,250,000 settlement for a wrongful death pedestrian case and $2,500,000 for injuries related to a subway accident.
First and foremost, you are suffering a major traumatic loss and we understand that. We can help with counseling, medical professionals and other important resources during this time. Your focus should be on dealing with this loss, let us take care of all the legal details.
DON\'T DELETEFamily Firm
There are small firms that might not be able to front the costs of your case and there are big law firms that will easily take your case but lack any type of personal touch (and you might have trouble hearing back from them when you want to) and then there's Walch Law Firm. We can handle any case and pride ourselves on our accessibility to clients. Father-son duo Gary & Robert Walch treat everyone like family and this personal touch is something that our clients as well as our employees constantly e!
DON\'T DELETESe Habla Espanol!
¿Busca un abogado de habla hispana ayudar con su caso de la muerte ilícito de California? No busque más. Somos una firma de abogados de servicio completo de habla hispana que puede ayudarle durante este tiempo difícil tiempo. Llama nos o correo electrónico hoy para su consulta gratuita para aprender más.