What are the most common car accident injuries? While your injuries are unique to you and the nature of your car accident, there is certainly a trend when it comes to car accident injuries.
CALIFORNIA CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES
Car accidents don’t just happen everyday in California, they practically happen every minute. Following a serious or even minor accident you might be sore and in pain but not totally aware of the extent of your injuries. With that in mind, here’s a look at some of the most common California car accident injuries:
- Head Injuries: When it comes to a car accident you are not only dealing with the aftermath of the impact of another car (or cars or property) but also with flying debris in your car. Some type of head injury is extremely common following a car accident and often some of the most serious. Head injuries can occur from flying windshield or window glass, air bags and from the general impact resulting in everything from concussions to vision loss to traumatic brain injuries.
- Neck Injuries: Getting hit by a car and slamming into property make for very unnatural movements of your neck, including whiplash. A car accident victim will usually feel the signs of whiplash (which is essentially a combination of muscle and ligament damage) within 24 hours of an accident and the soreness and other symptoms associated with this injury can last up to several weeks. While whiplash usually settles down, a serious car accident can cause permanent neck issues, including a broken neck.
- Chest Injuries: There is no doubt that seat belts save lives but that doesn’t mean that can’t also injure you in the process. In helping to restrain your body on impact, cracked ribs and bruising may occur from your seat belt. Other potential car accident chest injuries that you may experience include internal bleeding and damage to your internal organs. For those car accident victims that had an existing heart issue, it is not uncommon for their to go into cardiac arrest following the commotion and physical exertion of the accident.
- Back Injuries: Your spinal cord is extremely delicate and important body part that can get seriously injured in a car accident. How? When the nerves on your spinal cord are damaged you can lose sensation and control over parts of your body including your arms and legs. The location on the injury on the spinal cord as well as the severity of the injury are what determines the extent and permanency of your spinal cord car accident injury. In addition to your spinal cord, broken back bones, bruising and herniated disks are all common back injuries following a car accident.
- Emotional: One injury that is too often overlooked, at least in the time immediately following a serious car accident is the emotional toll the accident has on you. If you were in a car accident you are likely dealing with at least some type of PTSD, axiety and/or depression. If you lost a loved one in a car accident then you are dealing with a whole range of grief that should be professionally addressed.
Even a minor accident can result in major injuries if not addressed and taken care of which is why you should always see a physician following a car accident and follow their prescribed course of recovery.
FINANCIAL COMPENSATION FOR YOUR CALIFORNIA CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES
California car accident injuries are not just painful and life changing but also extremely expensive. Even a single ride in an ambulance and trip to the ER can be over $10,000. Most car accident victims do not financially plan for this type of financial event and even fewer families plan for the unexpected loss of a loved one in the event of a fatal car accident. Walch Law can help. The point of a personal injury lawsuit following a car accident it to try to make you whole again. If you missed work, you should be compensated for that. If you can’t work, your settlement amount should reflect that. If you need physical therapy going forward in addition to your big medical bills, we will work to forecast that number out and demand it. And lastly, if you are in a situation where you lost a loved one, then your wrongful death lawsuit should fully reflect the financial and emotional gravity of this loss.
Dealing with the injuries or loss following a car accident is overwhelming and while adding a lawsuit to your plate may seem like too much, it should actually feel like the opposite. When you hire Walch Law to handle your California car accident, you do not have to worry about money because we don’t charge you until you get paid; you do not have to worry about medical care because we can help arrange that too and you do not have to worry about your legal case at all because our 40 years and 95%+ success rate means you have the right team of lawyers fighting for you. Want to learn more? Fill our our contact us form to set up your obligation-free consultation with us. Car accidents don’t happen 9-5 which is why we are always available to our clients. We look forward to hearing from you!
Nine Reasons To Choose Us
When looking for a California wrongful death lawyer, you want a law firm that can get you the money you deserve. At Walch Law, we don't just meet our clients' expectations, we exceed them. We win over 95% of our cases and will work hard to get you the same great results we have gotten for so many of our happy clients. When it comes to handing a California wrongful death case, resolving your case as quickly as possible for as much money as possible is how we approach every case.
Founding partner Gary Walch started this law firm to help people in your very situation. With over forty years of experience, you can feel confident that when you hire Walch Law Firm, you are benefiting from his years of experience. Robert Walch has been with the firm since 2000 and has a track record of success, as does the rest of the highly qualified staff at Walch Law. A family firm with the resources of a big law firm means you get the best of both worlds.
There are lots of law firms that will happily take your business but very few will deliver results and handle your case the way that we do. We understand and respect how difficult this time is for you and our family. When you hire Walch Law Firm you are hiring a family firm that you can trust. We have a stellar reputation within the legal community and among our clients.
DON\'T DELETEContingency Fee
For many individuals and families following a death it is not just an emotional time but a stressful financial time as well—hiring an attorney should help relieve this financial stress which is why you hire us on a contingency fee arrangement. Translation: you don't pay for any fees or costs associated with your case until you get paid. We have the financial resources of a large law firm but the accessible environment of a small firm meaning your case won't get lost in the shuffle.
Whenever you are ready, we are available to talk and this open and available communication model is something that our clients enjoy until their case is closed. We keep you informed and updated on your case every step of the way, always explain what's happening in plain English and ultimately deliver on our promise to get you paid.
DON\'T DELETERecent Victories
Winning over 95% of our cases means that you can feel very confident when you hire us to help with your case. Some of our recent victories include a $5,000,000+ settlement for a car accident, $1,250,000 settlement for a wrongful death pedestrian case and $2,500,000 for injuries related to a subway accident.
First and foremost, you are suffering a major traumatic loss and we understand that. We can help with counseling, medical professionals and other important resources during this time. Your focus should be on dealing with this loss, let us take care of all the legal details.
DON\'T DELETEFamily Firm
There are small firms that might not be able to front the costs of your case and there are big law firms that will easily take your case but lack any type of personal touch (and you might have trouble hearing back from them when you want to) and then there's Walch Law Firm. We can handle any case and pride ourselves on our accessibility to clients. Father-son duo Gary & Robert Walch treat everyone like family and this personal touch is something that our clients as well as our employees constantly e!
DON\'T DELETESe Habla Espanol!
¿Busca un abogado de habla hispana ayudar con su caso de la muerte ilícito de California? No busque más. Somos una firma de abogados de servicio completo de habla hispana que puede ayudarle durante este tiempo difícil tiempo. Llama nos o correo electrónico hoy para su consulta gratuita para aprender más.