Car accidents don’t just happen everyday in California, they happen every minute. 3,074 fatal car accidents in California, many of which were completely avoidable. While the majority of fatal car accidents happen in rural areas throughout the United States, California is the opposite– with 61% of deadly car accidents happening in urban areas. And Los Angeles leads the way in Southern California when it comes to these deadly collisions with over 630 fatal car accidents in 2013. Other Southern California counties fatal crashes include: Orange County (185 deadly crashes in 2013); Riverside County (225 deadly crashes: San Bernadino (264 deadly crashes); San Diego (201 deadly crashes). While a Los Angeles wrongful death car accident lawsuit will never bring your loved one back, it can help ease the financial strain of the loss you have suffered as well as provided a sense of justice by holing the other party accountable.
COMMON CAUSES OF CAR ACCIDENTS
Drivers continue to make the same mistakes everyday, leading to serious injuries or death. Here’s a look at some of the common causes of California car accidents:
- Drunk Driving: Always illegal and all too common on California roadways (especially over holidays and weekends(, drunk driving is responsible for more deadly car accidents in Southern California than any other cause. And you can see why– when a driver is drunk they are not in the mental or physical state to be operating a vehicle. When a car accident is the result of a drunk driver, there is often a civil (wrongful death or personal injury) as well as a criminal lawsuit.
- Reckless Driving: Reckless driving can take a variety of forms but what it boils down to is this– the driver was acting in a way that was and ultimately did endanger the lives and safety of others.
- Distracted Driving: The distractions keep increasing as smartphones and other gadgets take drivers attention away from what they should be doing– driving with their eyes and ears on the road. But it is not just technology that is considered distracted driving– applying makeup and eating are also common culprits of this major cause of California car accidents.
- Unsafe Road Conditions: Let’s face it, the Los Angeles roadways are not in pristine condition and unsafe road conditions, either because of neglect or weather, greatly increase your chance of getting into a car accident.
- Underage and Elderly Driving Mistakes: While the experience levels vary with these two age groups, the driving mistakes and rate of car accidents increase with these two distinct age groups. For the new drivers on the road, mistakes happen because they lack experience to respond to many driving scenarios and for the older drivers on the road, they lack the reaction time to respond.
- Mechanical Issues and Defects: It’s not you, it’s your car. Or someone else’s car. Car issues cause car accidents. Take the classic example of a car simply dying on a freeway– a driver may not have the time to get to the shoulder or put on their hazard lights and end up causing a multiple car pile-up.
- Breaking Traffic Laws: While the actions in this category may not rise to the level of drunk or reckless driving, when a driver breaks eve a minor traffic law, it places everyone around them in danger. Running a red light or stop sign, failing to signal and ignoring the speed limit are all examples of behaviors that cause car accidents everyday in Southern California.
There are more car accidents in California than any other state. And car accident victims receive more money when they hire an attorney to help with their case than when they try to handle it on their own. Curious what your case is worth and what the process is like? Fill out out Contact Us form to schedule your free consultation with us today. At Walch Law, we have a 95%+ success rate and over four decades of experience helping victims of Los Angeles car accidents maximize their recovery and limit the impact the accident has on their life. We look forward to helping you.
Nine Reasons To Choose Us
When looking for a California wrongful death lawyer, you want a law firm that can get you the money you deserve. At Walch Law, we don't just meet our clients' expectations, we exceed them. We win over 95% of our cases and will work hard to get you the same great results we have gotten for so many of our happy clients. When it comes to handing a California wrongful death case, resolving your case as quickly as possible for as much money as possible is how we approach every case.
Founding partner Gary Walch started this law firm to help people in your very situation. With over forty years of experience, you can feel confident that when you hire Walch Law Firm, you are benefiting from his years of experience. Robert Walch has been with the firm since 2000 and has a track record of success, as does the rest of the highly qualified staff at Walch Law. A family firm with the resources of a big law firm means you get the best of both worlds.
There are lots of law firms that will happily take your business but very few will deliver results and handle your case the way that we do. We understand and respect how difficult this time is for you and our family. When you hire Walch Law Firm you are hiring a family firm that you can trust. We have a stellar reputation within the legal community and among our clients.
DON\'T DELETEContingency Fee
For many individuals and families following a death it is not just an emotional time but a stressful financial time as well—hiring an attorney should help relieve this financial stress which is why you hire us on a contingency fee arrangement. Translation: you don't pay for any fees or costs associated with your case until you get paid. We have the financial resources of a large law firm but the accessible environment of a small firm meaning your case won't get lost in the shuffle.
Whenever you are ready, we are available to talk and this open and available communication model is something that our clients enjoy until their case is closed. We keep you informed and updated on your case every step of the way, always explain what's happening in plain English and ultimately deliver on our promise to get you paid.
DON\'T DELETERecent Victories
Winning over 95% of our cases means that you can feel very confident when you hire us to help with your case. Some of our recent victories include a $5,000,000+ settlement for a car accident, $1,250,000 settlement for a wrongful death pedestrian case and $2,500,000 for injuries related to a subway accident.
First and foremost, you are suffering a major traumatic loss and we understand that. We can help with counseling, medical professionals and other important resources during this time. Your focus should be on dealing with this loss, let us take care of all the legal details.
DON\'T DELETEFamily Firm
There are small firms that might not be able to front the costs of your case and there are big law firms that will easily take your case but lack any type of personal touch (and you might have trouble hearing back from them when you want to) and then there's Walch Law Firm. We can handle any case and pride ourselves on our accessibility to clients. Father-son duo Gary & Robert Walch treat everyone like family and this personal touch is something that our clients as well as our employees constantly e!
DON\'T DELETESe Habla Espanol!
¿Busca un abogado de habla hispana ayudar con su caso de la muerte ilícito de California? No busque más. Somos una firma de abogados de servicio completo de habla hispana que puede ayudarle durante este tiempo difícil tiempo. Llama nos o correo electrónico hoy para su consulta gratuita para aprender más.