What is the average Woodland Hills car accident settlement amount? An overall average is a terrible thing to go off of (as is a personal injury settlement calculator) but there are very helpful payment ranges for common car accident injuries, helpful calculations for missed work and other financial indicators that can give you a helpful ballpark as you start your search for the best Woodland Hills car accident lawyer for you and your family.
AVERAGE WOODLAND HILLS CAR ACCIDENT WORTH
If you had injuries stemming from a Woodland Hills car accident that was not completely your fault then it is absolutely worth your time to get in touch with an attorney near you to discuss your legal options further. Insurance companies do not just hand over this money and any settlement offer that they may have made is because they know you have a strong case and they are trying to quickly lowball you before you know what your Woodland Hills car accident case is really worth. Do not fall for their games! When you read about serious car accidents that have been in the millions of dollars usually one or multiple of these things are at play: punitive damages (rare), life-changing injuries and a defendant with deep pockets (companies, cities). What is much more likely is working with a lawyer that can make sure they maximize the payment from all relevant insurance companies to make sure you get paid for your injuries, your missed time at work, your pain and suffering and anything else that is relevant to your serious San Fernando Valley car accident. With that in mind, here’s a look at some ranges in car accident payouts that you might be able to expect:
- Missed work: Missed work is fairly easy to calculate on your own- how much work did you miss as a result of your accident and how much did that cost you? If you are an employee used to receiving overtime, we can work that number in too.
- Inability to work: If you have suffered a disability that makes work not possible for you in the future as a result of your accident then it is not just looking at how much work pay you missed for a designated period but also how much you will miss for the rest of your disability– a much more complicated but much higher paying figure.
- Car accident injuries payout amounts:
- Whiplash: Car accident whiplash can vary greatly as far as the lasting impact and what limitations it might cause on your life. It also does not always show up right away which is why it is important to listen to your body, slow down and see a doctor for any and all car accident injuries. Generally speaking, you can expect around $10,000 for a whiplash injury that will ultimately get better. For those whiplash injuries that go beyond sore and strained tendons and require more work and medical attention, $50,000-$100,000 is not out of question.
- Back injuries: At least some level of back soreness is to be expected even from a very slow moving car accident. Major back injuries payout along the range of major whiplash injuries- around $50,000.
- Broken bones: broken bones (commonly ribs, legs and arms) take time to heal and can be incredibly painful as they are rarely the only injury to come out of a car accident so you are already not feeling 100% while trying to manage your car accident broken bones. Around $10,000 is a common payout amount.
- Brain and Spine injuries: If you or a loved one is now dealing with a life-changing brain or spine injury (usually some level of paralysis) then we will absolutely be seeking the maximum insurance policy payout for your injuries. These types of injuries are the ones you will see very large payouts because the injuries are life-changing. If available, a Million Dollar settlement amount is not at all out of the realm of possibilities when your car accident involves injuries on this level.
- Wrongful death: When a car accident involves a death, it is known as a wrongful death case. The idea is the same but now we are dealing with trying to get as much money as possible for the family of the victim which also includes costly funeral and burial services. Similar to when there has been some level of paralysis, Woodland Hills wrongful death car accident cases are worth a lot of money and we work hard to maximize the payouts from every source possible. When available, these cases are worth millions of dollars.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering is a term you are probably seeing everywhere as you are looking into the worth of your case. It is a general legal term used to describe other elements of your car accident beyond injuries and missed work such as emotional distress, loss of consortium and more.
SHOULD I HIRE A LAWYER TO HANDLE MY CAR ACCIDENT CASE
In addition to trying to figure out what you might get paid out for your car accident, you are also trying to figure out whether you need a lawyer at all and if so, who? Some reasons why you should hire a lawyer for your car accident case include:
- Complicated laws
- Difficult insurance companies
- Determining fault
- Maximizing your payout
- Taking your legal case off your hands
If you are dealing with injuries following an accident, your focus should be on your physical and emotional recovery– not trying to learn the confusing world of car accident laws. At Walch Law, our fees our extremely reasonable (around 33%), we are local to Woodland Hills and we work hard to maximize your car accident payout as quickly as possible. Most car accident victims wonder if they will spend more money paying for a lawyer than they would taking a fast settlement or trying to handle things on your own– 99% of the time even after lawyer fees, we are still a great deal and get you paid much more. It is important to us that you are happy with our work and we are totally transparent about our fees, what we do for you and much more. We would love to work as your Woodland Hills car accident attorneys— give us a call today to schedule your obligation-free consultation to learn more about how we can help, how much your case is worth and why we have so many happy clients.
Nine Reasons To Choose Us
When looking for a California wrongful death lawyer, you want a law firm that can get you the money you deserve. At Walch Law, we don't just meet our clients' expectations, we exceed them. We win over 95% of our cases and will work hard to get you the same great results we have gotten for so many of our happy clients. When it comes to handing a California wrongful death case, resolving your case as quickly as possible for as much money as possible is how we approach every case.
Founding partner Gary Walch started this law firm to help people in your very situation. With over forty years of experience, you can feel confident that when you hire Walch Law Firm, you are benefiting from his years of experience. Robert Walch has been with the firm since 2000 and has a track record of success, as does the rest of the highly qualified staff at Walch Law. A family firm with the resources of a big law firm means you get the best of both worlds.
There are lots of law firms that will happily take your business but very few will deliver results and handle your case the way that we do. We understand and respect how difficult this time is for you and our family. When you hire Walch Law Firm you are hiring a family firm that you can trust. We have a stellar reputation within the legal community and among our clients.
DON\'T DELETEContingency Fee
For many individuals and families following a death it is not just an emotional time but a stressful financial time as well—hiring an attorney should help relieve this financial stress which is why you hire us on a contingency fee arrangement. Translation: you don't pay for any fees or costs associated with your case until you get paid. We have the financial resources of a large law firm but the accessible environment of a small firm meaning your case won't get lost in the shuffle.
Whenever you are ready, we are available to talk and this open and available communication model is something that our clients enjoy until their case is closed. We keep you informed and updated on your case every step of the way, always explain what's happening in plain English and ultimately deliver on our promise to get you paid.
DON\'T DELETERecent Victories
Winning over 95% of our cases means that you can feel very confident when you hire us to help with your case. Some of our recent victories include a $5,000,000+ settlement for a car accident, $1,250,000 settlement for a wrongful death pedestrian case and $2,500,000 for injuries related to a subway accident.
First and foremost, you are suffering a major traumatic loss and we understand that. We can help with counseling, medical professionals and other important resources during this time. Your focus should be on dealing with this loss, let us take care of all the legal details.
DON\'T DELETEFamily Firm
There are small firms that might not be able to front the costs of your case and there are big law firms that will easily take your case but lack any type of personal touch (and you might have trouble hearing back from them when you want to) and then there's Walch Law Firm. We can handle any case and pride ourselves on our accessibility to clients. Father-son duo Gary & Robert Walch treat everyone like family and this personal touch is something that our clients as well as our employees constantly e!
DON\'T DELETESe Habla Espanol!
¿Busca un abogado de habla hispana ayudar con su caso de la muerte ilícito de California? No busque más. Somos una firma de abogados de servicio completo de habla hispana que puede ayudarle durante este tiempo difícil tiempo. Llama nos o correo electrónico hoy para su consulta gratuita para aprender más.